How Safe is Chiropractic Care?Mar 20, 2022
While many people are nervous to start chiropractic care, it is truly one of the safest and most effective options to improve your health and relieve pain. Medications and surgeries pose a much greater risk than a visit to your local chiropractor.
Safety first. Not only is “do no harm” part of the oath that doctors take, but it’s also a pretty good principle for all of us to live by. No matter how safe you are, there are times when you get hurt or injured, and finding a healthcare option that is safe, provides excellent results, and has high patient satisfaction can be tricky. Or is it? In 2007, SPINE (one of the world’s most respected research journals) looked at data from over 50,000 chiropractic adjustments given to nearly 20,000 patients, and they found chiropractic care to be incredibly safe and effective.
Awkward sleeping positions, poor posture, and long hours at a computer can all lead to neck pain. By staying active, taking periodic breaks to stretch throughout the day, and setting up your workstation to minimize the stress on your spine, you can dramatically reduce the likelihood you will encounter a bout of neck pain. It’s great to know that if you do end up experiencing neck pain, chiropractic adjustments are one of the safest and most effective options to help get you back on track.
- Research has shown chiropractic care to be extremely safe.
- SPINE examined nearly 20,000 patients and found zero complications.
- Up to 85% of people with acute neck pain found relief with chiropractic adjustments.
Believe it or not, many people are nervous to start chiropractic care. The truth is that chiropractic care is safer than many medications and has far less risk than surgery. Sharing research like this with your friends and family is a great idea. It will inspire them to make a smart decision using the research that matters!
Relieve pain, eliminate medications, and start feeling better now!
- Spinal Manipulation, Medication, or Home Exercise With Advice for Acute and Subacute Neck Pain- A Randomized Trial. Annals of Internal Medicine, Volume 156, 2012
- Safety of Chiropractic Manipulation of the Cervical Spine. SPINE, Volume 32, 2007
- Evidence-Based Guidelines for the Chiropractic Treatment of Adults with Neck Pain. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics. Volume 37. 2014
- Risk of Vertebrobasilar Stroke and Chiropractic Care. SPINE, Volume 33. 2008
Want us to help you take your health to the next level? Schedule a consultation in the clinic for full functional health evaluation.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.