A simple meal that is easy to make and a crowd pleaser for sure! Whether feeding your family or entering a chili cook off this recipe is no short of amazing! You can change it up by varying the type of meat or swapping out veggies. Get creative but most of all get to eating healthy good food, like this Spicy Paleo Crock Pot Chili.
- 2 lbs. 100% Grass- fed ground beef (substitute with bison, lamb, or ground turkey)
- 1 Medium onion, diced
- 4 tsp minced garlic- I used this brand!
- 1 Red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Yellow bell pepper, diced
- 4 Stalks celery, diced
- 1 Large tomato, diced
- 1 Jalapeno pepper diced
- 28 oz. Can organic diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. Can organic tomato sauce
- 2 TBSP chili powder
- 1 TBSP oregano
- 1/2 TBSP cumin
- 1/2 TBSP fresh basil chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Cayenne
- 1 tsp Ghost chili spice- I used this brand (any variation will do!)
- Coconut oil (for cooking the meat)
- Not in the mood for spicy then take out the Jalapeno and cayenne no worries!
- Serves about 7-8 medium bowls of chili!
- Heat a large cast iron skillet to medium- high heat and wait 2-3 min to heat up.
- After the 2-3 min is up melt the coconut oil and sauté the onions and garlic until the onions are slightly browned then add in the ground beef and cook until browned.
- Using a colander drain the excess fat and then transfer the meat mixture to the crock pot.
- Add in the bell peppers, celery, and diced tomato. Top with remaining ingredients and spices and stir everything together. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Serve with fresh avocado, or sliced carrots to add some extra veggies!
- If you eat cheese on occasion shredded raw goats cheese is very nice- I use this brand!